Whale shark!!! :)

.

Giftun Island, Egypt, 1/2-2012

N27°11.161´
E033°58.729´

Sailing distance made: 6995 nautical miles

After lots of amazing dives together with the legendary dugong, it is time to continue our trip...


We head further south, to make more drop off diving and hopefully find and film some sharks... But what was really waiting for us, out there in the deep blue, we could never imagine...



Early next morning, we leave the coast and head for deeper, pelagic waters... :)

I have an eye at the surface all around me, always in hope to see something in the water... You never know what is hidden close by...

Suddenly there is something huge and dark just under the surface... It does not take a long time before I realize what I see, it is a whale shark!!! :) :) :)



The whale shark seems curious about us and starts slowly to come closer... and on the boat, we are all very exited!



She comes closer and closer... Finally, the whale shark is side by side with our boat and it looks like she appreciate her new company!




For a long time ago, it has been a huge dream of mine to dive with whale sharks...




... so with this great opportunity, it does not take a long time before I enter the blue pelagic water and "my right element"...

Even the whale shark seems curious about me and is getting even closer...





It is my first dive with a whale shark ever and my new encounter make me feel so happy! :) At the same time I feel this entire happiness I do my best to concentrate at my camera work...




During my time under water, the whale shark behaves really calm. She swims slowly towards me, looks at me and then she swims a little bit closer to our boat again...

What an amazing and lovely animal! :)





There are nothing else, but wind, waves, ocean and sky that are surrounding us and our boat...

... and in the blue water I feel like both time and world stands still, when I am diving together with the biggest shark in the world, the whale shark... My huge dream has become true!!! :)











.

No comments:

Post a Comment